We all have unconscious bias. Our background, society and culture, stereotypes, and the media all influence how our brain makes judgements and assessments of people and situations. While this can be beneficial in our decision making, it can have a detrimental impact on our personal and working lives.
This Unconscious Bias Workshop will give you the skills that you need to recognise your own prejudgements and learn how to manage them. It will explain the types of bias, how they can impact your life, and give you techniques to stop them from taking control. By the end of the training, you will be confident in identifying and overcoming your own implicit biases.
- Understand the difference between unconscious bias, prejudice and stereotyping, and understand the different types of bias.
- Be aware of the impact unconscious bias can have on the workplace.
- Develop the skills needed to overcome unconscious bias by understanding how to consciously make changes and break old habits.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for anybody who wants to better understand unconscious bias and how it can impact decision making. It would be particularly beneficial for:
- Managers and supervisors
- HR professionals
- Recruitment professionals
- Anyone working in a diverse company or organisation