What is Recruitment?
Recruitment is the end-to-end process of effectively and efficiently sourcing, screening, selecting, and appointing the best-suited candidate to the right role. This entails not only filling in vacancies but also predicting talent requirements and proactively managing talent.
Using effective recruitment can give you a competitive advantage. But there are other benefits to external recruitment.
- Attract higher quality candidates – finding and identifying a fresher candidate who is capable of delivering new skills and inputs for the betterment of the company.
- Lesser internal politics – In the external recruitment process, there is a very less possibility that the candidate might face internal politics of existing candidates. And these lesser internal politics avoids a number of internal issues and requests of the existing employees of the company.
- New Ideas – having someone from the outside brings in new ideas and new ways of doing things
- A larger pool of candidates – when an organization recruits externally, it opens the organization up to a larger pool of applicants, which increases its chance of finding the right person for the job.
- Target the key players – Hiring a candidate with a proven track record from the competition allows the company to get an insider’s view as to what the competition is doing to be successful.
- Push current employee development – When you don’t do much external recruiting, internal employees may become complacent about growth and development. Knowing that promotions to higher-level positions require a commitment to personal growth and development can help light a fire under your current employees
Even when a company has an ample supply of internal candidates, external recruiting naturally opens the door to many more talented people. When you add outside applicants to existing employees, you may receive a larger quantity of applications.