The Accounts Assistant will ultimately be managed by the Managing Director but will work closely with the Grasp team in order to complete assigned tasks and manage their role effectively. The Accounts Assistant will support Grasp finances and Client finances.
The Accounts Assistant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the day to day running of the accounts department to deliver operational requirements.
- Review, reconcile and resolve issues with the daily revenue reporting
- Collation of transactions in order to reconcile the bank and cash accounts
- Preparation and demonstration of understanding across a wide range of P&L and balance sheet account reconciliations, identifying and resolving anomalies and managing any risks/opportunities.
- Accruals & Pre Payments
- Review and upload payment runs (twice a month)
- Assisting with month end reporting and journals
- Supporting with the monthly management accounts pack preparation
- Management/Analysis of monthly accruals/prepayments
- Support half year and year end audit analysis
- Weekly and monthly invoice processing (creating, sending and chasing payments) across all revenue streams
- Weekly and monthly payroll processing through Easypay
- Preparation of all payroll reports (Net Pay Report, PAYE & SI Report, Payslips, P7s, etc)
- Input of employees and updating of details in Easypay
- Petty cash recording
- Day to day administration for senior management team
- Scanning, photocopying and filing of documents
- Any other task as required by the business
- Be the liaison between the senior management team and any client, vendor, employee or other
- The accounts assistant must be AAT qualified and working towards their ACCA.