Our client is growing its Finance team and has an opportunity for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join its team in Gibraltar.
As a Assistant Financial Accountant, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS and applicable legislation for non-complex entities.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS and applicable legislation for complex entities and group consolidations.
- Key contributor to the audit process. Preparation of supporting calculations, reconciliations, working papers and notes. Working closely with external auditors to ensure that audit queries are answered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the existing month-end close process. Preparation of calculations, schedules, reconciliations and journals to facilitate monthly reporting.
- Assist with monthly Balance Sheet and P&L preparation for existing entities.
- Assist with the implementation of process to deliver monthly reporting for new entities and consolidated group accounts including supporting schedules and reconciliations. Assist with the delivery of monthly reporting to agreed timeframes.
- Contribute to key financial accounting projects and initiatives.
- Model our core values and behaviours, leading by example and proactively addressing concerning behaviour under the GROW framework.
- Answer questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed.
- Identify efficiency opportunities within your team and support change.
- Follow the processes and standard operating procedures in line with policy and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for own development/learning and sharing skills and knowledge with team members
- Any other reasonable requests by management.
If you see this as the exciting next step within your career, the following experience skills and qualifications are required:
- Part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA).
- Strong technical accounting abilities and sound working knowledge of current IFRS.
- Desire to progress with professional studies and develop in the role.
- Audit background or online gaming experience desirable