The Finance Director will be hands-on, commercially minded and a proactive individual whose main approach is to grow the financial functions of the selected business.
The candidate will form a pivotal role as one of the board of directors, providing strategic advice on company development and finance matters. The candidate might be expected to travel overseas as part of their remit.
The role itself requires someone with excellent managerial and project skills. You will be interacting with senior management on a daily basis as well as leading the current finance team of 2. Strong Excel skills are a mandatory requirement, as well as being a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with relevant experience. You will be methodical with an eye for detail.
The duties to be undertaken by the chosen candidate will be:
Budgets and Forecasting
- Production of periodic budgets and forecast for Directors approval
- Cash flow forecasting
- Liaising with external auditors to produce the statutory annual accounts.
- Liaising on audits conducted by our partners & underwriters on processes, compliance and reporting.
Month End and Reporting
- Reviewing and approving of manual journals such as accruals, prepayments, monthly claims bordereau, payroll and fixed assets, prepared by the Finance Assistant.
- Production of the monthly sales bordereaux for the various insurance lines.
- Production of commission statements for our partners and declaration of bordereau to underwriter.
- Reviewing the monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the Finance Assistant.
- Providing detailed commentary and analysis of the financials and any material variances to budget.
- Producing various other external reporting documents such as TCF reports, complaints bordereaux and monthly SLA files to be shared with underwriters and our partners.
- Creation of pricing files for deployment into live retail environments.
- Management of centralised database of devices.
- Managing the relationship with aggregator partners in terms of prices changes, new gadgets, new products and any other ad-hoc changes.
- Overseeing the weekly pricing and product checks performed by the Finance Assistant and CSU agents and addressing any issues identified.
- Production of monthly analysis on customer failed payment collections for IT to action re-collection of insurance premiums.
- Driving a project with CSU & IT to automate this process.
Claims and UW Data Analysis
- Managing the relationship with our external data warehouse provider and performing analysis on the results produced every month.
- Managing the company pension scheme for eligible new joiners, leaves and any changes to employee or employer contributions throughout the year.
If this sounds like a job that is for you, please apply below!