Our client is growing its Finance team and has an opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to join its team in Gibraltar.
As a Financial Accountant, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Prepare consolidated and individual entity statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS and applicable legislation.
- Key contributor to the audit process. Preparation of supporting calculations, reconciliations, working papers and notes. Working closely with external auditors to ensure that audit queries are answered in an accurate and timely manner. Taking the lead on key areas of the audit process.
- Support the existing month-end close process. Preparation of complex calculations and schedules. Review and approval of calculations, reconciliations and schedules prepared by other members of the finance team.
- Monthly Balance Sheet and P&L preparation for existing entities.
- Review and implement financial controls and processes.
- Implement process to deliver monthly reporting for new entities and consolidated group accounts including supporting schedules and reconciliations. Responsible for the delivery of monthly reporting to agreed timeframes.
- Lead/contribute to key financial accounting projects and initiatives.
- Provide technical support to other members of the finance team.
- Model our core values and behaviours, leading by example and proactively addressing concerning behaviour under the GROW framework.
- Answer questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed.
- Identify efficiency opportunities within your team and support change.
- Follow the processes and standard operating procedures in line with policy and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for own development/learning and sharing skills and knowledge with team members.
- Any other reasonable request by management
If you see this as the exciting next step within your career, the following experience skills and qualifications are required:
- Member of a professional accountancy body (ACA, ACCA).
- Would suit recently qualified or somebody looking to make their first move from practice to industry.
- Strong technical accounting abilities and sound working knowledge of current IFRS.
- Audit background or online gaming experience desirable