To support our clients development teams in Gibraltar, we are looking for a Java Developer who is experienced and passionate about software development, who loves to push product development using state-of-the-art technology, and who has very high-quality standards.
As a Java Software Developer, you will work in a multi-disciplinary team implementing new and improving the existing functionality of the gaming platform. You will use your experience and knowledge to support and make architectural decisions together with the software architects, play a part in the selection of new technologies, and promote knowledge transfer both within your team and between teams. You will be also responsible for reviewing the work of your colleagues as well as supporting other developers
- Planning, developing and improving the gaming platform with a very high degree of ownership, in a continuous delivery environment
- Designing and implementing interfaces to other high availability cloud based systems
- Participating in evaluating the use of new technologies, architectures and frameworks
- Collaborating closely with software architects, product owners and stakeholders
- Playing a key part of a highly collaborative agile process
- Passion and eagerness to build the best gaming platform together with your team
- In-depth practical experience with OOP, design patterns, Java EE 7 (CDI, JSF, EJB, JAX-RS), databases (NoSQL is a big plus) and data structures
- Good understanding of complex software architectures
- In-depth experience with tools such as IntelliJ IDEA, git, Maven
- Highly familiar with agile development and continuous delivery
- Eagerness to work on topics like performance optimisation, responsiveness, scaling and high availability
- Enthusiastic about working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good English skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.