We are seeking a qualified and experienced (ACA/ACCA) individual with a desire to achieve and add value in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- take ownership of a portfolio of external audit engagements, primarily in financial services and act as a key point of contact for clients throughout the year.
- lead on audit reviews, agreeing audit timetable, briefing the audit team (including other specialists) and monitor budgets.
- report directly to the Audit Partners and keep them up to date with progress throughout the course of the engagement.
- liaise with clients and manage client expectations.
- attend client planning and audit close meetings.
- solve complex technical challenges for clients and technical support for the Firm.
- Direct, train, support and mentor junior members of staff to assist them in the effective delivery and efficient completion of engagements.
The role is also an excellent opportunity to work across a wide range of clients and individuals advising on many different aspects of business advisory.
The ideal candidate will also be expected to have a commercial outlook when delivering advice and find opportunities to develop new business.