We are hiring a Boatmaster to join our client’s team in Gibraltar.
What you’ll do:
- To make sure Seaman and Engine rating carry out their duties safely and PPE is worn.
- Maintain the vessel’s machinery to the standards required by the authorities and HSEQ Manager.
- Assist Boat masters of other vessels within MH Bland Marine Services fleet as and when required.
- Make sure the Engineer’s logbook is up to date on the vessel assigned.
- Make sure the vessel and Crew complies with the HSSEQ procedures and policies.
- Make sure all stations are manned during operations & manoeuvres.
- Report all Near Misses or Potential Incidents whether it is Environmental (oil spill etc) or Health and Safety (accidents etc).
- Conducting ISO Auditing as per schedule.
In addition to the above, the jobholder will be required to perform other duties which may be assigned by the company from time to time.
What you’ll need:
- Must have successfully completed a GMA certificate of competency for Boatmaster (or equivalent) for commercially operated vessels
- Previous experience within the industry (advantageous)
- Must be assertive, decisive, and able to take immediate action when necessary
- Must be professional
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be proficient in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Excellent time management, customer care and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage own / staff time
- Hands on approach to work
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards learning
- Ability to stay calm and handle a crisis
- Ability to work under pressure without losing composure
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability and willingness to learn any new skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
PPE TO BE WORN:
- Hard hats to be worn when delivering, loading and where signs posted.
- Cargo trousers, shirts, jackets when delivering or loading.
- Engineers overalls when carrying out maintenance.
- Life jackets when delivering or loading in the bay.
- Non-slip steel toecap boots to be worn at all times.
- Gloves to be worn when delivering or loading.
- Wet weather gear.
- Gas masks when working in cargo tanks and enclosed spaces.
- Eye protective glasses when cutting, de-scaling, chipping etc
- Ear protection when working with main engine, generators, pumps de-scaling etc.
STCW95 CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR OPERATIONS WITHIN THE BAY OF GIBRALTAR:
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting – Basic.
- Elementary First Aid.
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Personal Survival Techniques.
- ENG1 Medical.
- Radar & Navigation
- Boat master Assessment by Local Surveyor