An exciting new role has arisen for a Compliance Officer to join
a fast-growing leading company.
This is a great opportunity for someone with compliance related experience who is looking to further their knowledge and skills within a compliance career.
• Ensuring compliance with GFSC rules GDPR and Money Laundering Regulations
• Overseeing the monitoring of regulatory developments, which include assessing and ensuring appropriate controls are put in place for changes that impact the firm
• Assisting in the execution of the firm’s Annual Compliance Monitoring Programme
• Completing compliance monitoring reports which present findings and include suggestions for relevant remedial actions, in a clear, accurate and consistent manner
• Escalating risks and issues to the Gibraltar Head of Compliance.
• Assisting in ensuring that regulatory returns are submitted within set deadlines
• Assisting in delivering appropriate compliance training to employees
• Assisting in signing off Financial Promotions
• Other duties as maybe directed and required by the firm
• Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team
• Ability to manage various assignments and to quickly adapt to change
• Self-motivated, flexible, and capable of working to deadlines, independently and as a part of a team
• Build, develop, and maintain strong relationships
• Educated to degree level
• Strong administrative experience, attention to detail and good organisational skills
• Good interpersonal skills, strong IT skills particularly Word and Excel
• Able to manage priorities and time efficiently
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Confident user of Microsoft Office with good keyboard skills
• A pro-active person who has an eye for detail and is confident enough to suggest improvements to the existing processes
• Understanding of the end to end KYC and client on-boarding processes
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Good knowledge of the regulations governing the Gibraltar Financial Services Industry with particular emphasis on Life Assurance Experience
• Demonstrable experience in compliance monitoring
• Strong communication, report writing and presentational skills
• Ability to produce timely and accurate reports delivering key issues and messages with minimal managerial input
• Ability to take ownership and responsibility for timeliness and quality of delivery of monitoring reports
• Ability to summarise regulatory change in a format that is understandable to its audience
The tasks listed are not meant to be exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake other reasonable tasks of a similar nature but which are not explicitly listed in the job description.