We’re hiring a Financial Controller to join our client’s team in Gibraltar.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee daily operations of the finance teams for all Group companies to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial information.
- Ensure proper internal controls are maintained
- Introduce and manage periodic closing procedures (monthly/quarterly) including intercompany reconciliations (Gibraltar and related companies), compiling, and distributing KPI reports (Gibraltar and related companies).
- Prepare periodic reports on financial performance and position for presentation to the board.
- Manage insurance renewals and claims process for Gibraltar companies.
- Monitor aged debt position across the group and drive cash collection.
- Negotiate and manage the external audit process to ensure cost efficient and timely issue of audited financial statements.
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements and statutory consolidation.
- Prepare annual budgets and reforecasts for all Group companies. Drive budgeting process for related companies.
- Manage efficient cash flow and treasury functions, including strong relationships with bankers, merchant service and FX providers.
- Prepare periodic management information reports as requested by the Groups bankers.
- Develop a high-performance finance team that supports the finance function.
- Manage senior finance team members, including recruitment where necessary.
- Hold regular team meetings to identify challenges and solutions.
- Identify and introduce process improvements and business results improvements.
- Identify training needs for finance team members.
- Oversee and monitor the costs incurred on the cable car project, preparing reports to funders as required
- Manage the implementation of a new accounting system to replace Dream.
- Maintain the books and records of designated ancillary “shareholder” companies using QuickBooks
- Deputise for the Finance Director as required.
What you’ll need:
- Fully qualified accountant (Chartered/Certified or equivalent) with knowledge of finance, accounting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience of managing the external audit process.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications and the ability to manipulate, import and export data with different financial applications.
- Expert skills in MS Excel (BI data modelling and analysis)
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality material within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to organise and manage effective group meetings.
- Effective time management, ability to prioritise and willingness to work a demanding schedule to meet deadlines.
Job Category: Accountancy
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gibraltar
Salary: £50000 - £70000