The suitable candidate will have had substantial experience working in a managerial position in the search industry involving large teams (10+) with a proven and successful track record of multiple years in designing and delivery of SEO plans and strategies in fast paced businesses, preferably performing the functions of the Senior SEO Manager. The Head of SEO will have a proven ability to take responsibility and lead experienced ‘Web Presence’ team.
You will have strong leadership skills with direct supervision of Content Marketing Manager, SEO Managers & Senior SEO Managers.
You will also lead & work closely with the Technical SEO manager while conducting SEO audits future and monitor future development of Google algorithms.
Relevant SEO research and analysis will be conducted on a data-driven approach while entering new markets and verticals and setting the strategic direction to ensure that search dept strongly contributes to the business’s overall goals and objectives.
Experience in influencer marketing and a passion for all things social would be a strong plus.
- Accountable for the overall SEO Strategy – define and rollout SEO Strategy & KPIs
- Advise, review & give feedback on budgets to VP marketing
- Market research
- Setup of new markets, prioritising and allocating resources
- Setting visibility targets & time frames
- Accountable for Compliance with Gatekeepers Policies
- Adhere to guidelines of Google and other relevant entities
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends
- Accountable for SEO Innovation
- Research, test, follow up on latest trends of Google updates and ensure we are futureproof and ahead of competition
- Liaise with Head of Technical SEO & other depts for best practice and technical improvements to keep growing visibility in the search sphere
- Supervise Content Marketing Manager (align with broad Marketing activities)
- Model our core values and behaviours, leading by example and proactively addressing concerning behaviours
- Coach and train team members to uplift their skills and knowledge
- Monitor employee performance and hold regular 1:1 sessions to coach and support them to succeed
The Candidate – The Essentials:
- Multiple years in a senior role and managing SEO teams successfully
- Highly numerate and commercial
- English speaking
- Strong experience in strategy planning and KPI setting
- Strong experience in SEO market research strategy
The Candidate – The Desirables:
- German speaking
- Up to date with and experience working with Compliance about search and social media policies, local gambling jurisdiction & Regulators
- Best Practice with the Gatekeepers (Google, Facebook)
- Gambling industry experience