The ideal candidate will be a highly professional and motivated in-house Legal Counsel with a keen focus on commercial contracts and intellectual property law to support the international business.
As the companies Legal Counsel, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead on the drafting, review and negotiation of commercial contracts from non-disclosure agreements, bespoke contracts with third party providers to complex multi-party and jurisdictional supply and licensing agreements.
- Advising internal business areas on a range of commercial, advertising and marketing, intellectual property, brand, privacy and data protection, e-commerce and IT issues.
- Management of the Group’s IP portfolio including domains, trade marks and designs.
- Deliver the business with high quality and commercially pragmatic legal advice, particularly in the areas of regulatory affairs, legal risk management, media, litigation and commercial contracts.
- Drafting and maintaining internal and customer facing policies and terms and conditions of use, promotional terms and privacy policies.
- With the assistance of our compliance team, keep abreast of all existing gaming regulation and developments in a wide variety of jurisdictions.
- Co-ordinate with external legal counsel, ensuring maximum efficiencies of work performed whilst proactively managing the costs incurred.
- Meet KPI’s and provide internal reports to track ongoing progress of legal matters for management.
If you see this as the exciting next step within your career, the following experience skills and qualifications are required:
- Qualified Solicitor with up to five years’ post qualification experience in the UK, Ireland or Gibraltar, with relevant experience of contract drafting, and general commercial advice.
- Clear and concise communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment, , whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Confident to provide legal and commercially-focused advice to colleagues in the business, and have the ability to challenge stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Ideally have experience of general commercial law, IP rights and a working knowledge of corporate, marketing and advertising laws would be an advantage.
- Team player with ability to build relationships with colleagues across the business.
- High standard of written and oral fluency in the English language.
This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to advance their legal knowledge and expertise by gaining exposure to a wide variety of legal challenges in a fun and thriving company.