A Product Owner is more than someone who writes tickets! Reporting to the Senior Product Manager (Marketing), we are looking for an experienced Product Owner with a can-do attitude and curiosity for learning. You’re a humble achiever that gets things done, collaborates well and demonstrates ownership. You love solving problems and being the bridge between tech and the business.
You’re the voice for many different business areas and people. You take in lots of info, quickly make sense of it and justify that what we build is delivering value and solving the right problems. You can effortlessly convey key messages verbally, and your written communication (e.g., Jira tickets) makes it easy for anyone to understand the ‘what’ and ‘why’ and ‘how’.
Your focus is more tactical and detail-oriented; your partner (the Product Manager) supports you on the high level and strategic parts. You enjoy digging into the detail, breaking down ‘the how’ with the team. You have a solid technical understanding, and we can count on you to ensure nothing important is missed.
With you on the team, we can be proud of our product and know that it is fit-for-purpose and delivers value, quickly. It’s about continuous improvement not delayed perfection.
Your Team (The Marketing Domain):
The Marketing Domain in Product is responsible for the customer experience and our enhancing our marketing function. We support key features and tools (third party and built in-house) across customer relationship management and communication, testing, reporting and tracking, personalisation, loyalty, content and bonus functionality.
Your Mission (Key Duties and Responsibilities):
- Understand and contribute to the overall company and product domain vision
- Interpret high level requirements (what & why) from different stakeholders (business + tech)
- Break down into detailed user stories to establish the ‘how’ with the teams
- Leading and participating in scrum rituals, ensuring the team has what they need to deliver
- Set success measures for all items to be delivered and analyse, assess and monitor
- Effectively manage the request backlog/pipeline justified by data/customer insights and UX
- Ensure a balance between commercial value and reducing tech debt
- Ensure deliveries are fit-for-purpose and ready-to-use (including troubleshooting guides, rollout plans and dependencies management)
- Prioritise and manage incidents effectively for quick resolution, with proactive communication and reduced negative business impact
- Drive the training and demos of the solutions implemented to ensure successful rollout
- Understand the marketing requirements across all phases of the customer lifecycle
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders (marketing, gaming, markets, development/tech, gaming, operations, other product domains, UX, BI, Insights and compliance).
- Maintain stability while helping to continually improve the domain e.g., approach/processes and prioritisation
- Live the company values and behaviours (Genuine, Resilience, Ownership & Working Together)
- Mentor and develop others
- 2 years + Product Owner/ Manager experience (working with development teams)
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written (English)
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing digital product roadmaps
- Experience gathering and analysing requirements and planning
- Technical understanding and/or background
- Agile understanding and way of working
- A flexible, can-do and growth-oriented mindset
- Action-oriented, proactive and trusted to deliver
- Good stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Focused on continual delivery and not delayed perfection
- Ability to leverage data and insights + understand and represent the customer
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience with marketing requirements e.g., marketing tools & bonus engines
- Gaming Sector experience
- Scrum/ agile experience
- Worked with OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)