Our client is hiring a Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that all related warehouse operations are carried out in a first-class manner, and be committed to providing customers, workshops and sales teams with the highest levels of support in relation to their specific requirements.
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager re daily workloads.
- Ensure maximum utilization of warehouse available space, in order to accommodate both outgoing orders and incoming goods.
- Forward planning with Warehouse Manager for the receipt and dispatch of containers and other merchandise.
- Ensure all picking slips are properly signed out and filed once completed.
- Monitor and deal at first hand with any discrepancies and/or problems arising in daily operation, and if unable to solve, inform Warehouse Manager for further investigation
- Cover and/or assist any position if other staff members are sick or overloaded.
- Ensure stock of warehouse materials always available.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouses and equipment.
- Monitor weekly output of your team.
- Liaise with purchasing dept on all orders.
- Monitor your team’s performance, identify areas of development and conduct any training required within your team.
- Assist and advise your team on all technical issues asap.
- Ensure any relevant information is always passed to your team promptly.
- Ensure Health & Safety Policies are observed at all times and all accidents or near missing reported.
- Ensure your team is wearing the correct PPE for the different procedures.
- Monitor punctuality of your team in the morning and during breaks.
- Report any disciplinary issues to the line Manager.
- Make any recommendations for improvements to Warehouse facilities, procedures or systems.
- Liaise with production team on day to day supplies
- Any other tasks as directed by the Line Manager.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar supervisory capacity in a warehousing environment (preferably in the automotive trade).
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent qualifications, which must include English and Mathematics.
- Computer skill desirable.
- Fluent in English & Spanish.
- Must hold a Clean Vehicle Driving license (inclusive of C, C1 and forklift)
- Must possess good influencing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team or on their own if required.
- Able to show attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good communicator both in English and Spanish
- Computer literate (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook desirable).
- Ability to produce very high standards of work.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Innovative – Applies original thinking in approach to job responsibilities and to improve processes etc.