Career progression and career development are closely tied. Career development is a lifelong procedure where you need to manage your circumstances always having in mind your personal and professional goals.
This is the reason why it is very important to focus on your career progression, and of course, training and development play an essential role in this progression. Training basically alludes to the process of acquiring the essential skills needed for a certain job.
Training presents a prime opportunity to expand the knowledge base of all employees, it provides both the individual and companies as a whole with benefits that make the cost and time a worthwhile investment.
There are several advantages for both employees and companies when taking training courses:
- Training courses, qualifications and certifications help employees improve and strengthen their skills and knowledge in specific areas.
- Employee’s confidence is boosted by giving them the skills and knowledge they need to complete tasks and responsibilities. This, in turn, enables them to carry out their duties better and increasing productivity.
- A well-organised training programme gives employees the tools and resources they need to perform whilst keeping them up to date on new processes, policies and legislation.
- When a new procedure is implemented, training ensures that employees are equipped with the knowledge, skills and information to adhere to the new procedure. The training prepares them for challenges they may face and this maintains uniformity of employees service.
- A happy employee is a great employee. Training and development programmes help the employees feel satisfied with their role in the company.
- Trained employees are an advantage over other companies. If the company is offering training programmes as part of the benefits, it will attract candidates, at the same time as increasing employer brand.
- Many different studies have proven that a high employee turnover affects the company’s market position and revenue. Offering training to the employees will make them feel more valued, increasing retention of employees.
Training courses are a great opportunity to expand the knowledge base of all employees.
Despite the fact that there are several categories of training, like management training or sales training, employees with Project Management skills are an important asset to any organisation. You can read more about Project Management, what is and why you should invest on it here.
The main business function of project management is organizing and planning projects, it identifies and manages integration and change in a very organised way. This is the reason why here at Grasp we are offering Project Management Training in Gibraltar, working with the world’s number one provider of PRINCE2 training offering PRINCE2 and PRINCE2 Agile. We offer the Foundation, Practitioner and Foundation & Practitioner qualifications.